04 Sep 2018
Okuma Korea Corporation Opens New Head Office
Okuma completed the construction of a new head office for Okuma Korea Corporation, and held opening ceremonies on the 30th of August in Incheon, Republic of Korea.
The new head office of Okuma's local subsidiary in Korea is 20 minutes by car from Incheon International Airport in the Incheon Free Economic Zone (IFEZ).
In this region which is becoming a business hub for Northeast Asia, has attracted many high-tech industries, and has grown rapidly to become a vibrant, international metropolis.
We will use the new head office and showroom features to enhance sales and service in Korea.
- 1. The background
With the economic development of emerging countries and the efforts to innovate production all over the world, the machine tool market continues to expand globally.
In order to contribute to the worldwide enhancement of advanced "monozukuri"/craftsmanship in manufacturing, Okuma will continue to strengthen its global sales organization. While the business of our sales and service base in Korea is expected to grow with increasing demand from the Asian market, we are especially committed to maintaining a solid support system located near our customers engaged in high-tech manufacturing.
Korea is the world's sixth-largest machine tool market, and with more growth expected in the semiconductor and automobile industries, the demand for Okuma-brand products is also expected to grow based on our successful double-column centers, as well as on the benefits customers receive from our high value-adding 5-axis machining centers and multitasking machines.
- 2. The targets
We will enhance marketing, applications support, and after-sales service to broaden our customer base in Korea.
- Strengthening applications support and local test-cut capabilities with state-of-the-art equipment
- Enhanced training for machine operation
- Rapid after-sales service with complete service parts inventory
- 3. The overview
- (1) Name
- Okuma Korea Corporationn
- (2) Location
- 16, Cheomdan-daero 60beon-gil, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon 21988, Republic of Korea
- (3) CEO
- Hiroyuki Kamei
- (4) Site area
- 2,853 m² (building floor space : 1,789 m², showroom floor space : 213 m²)
- (5) Machines
Four advanced CNC machine tools on display in the showroom
- MU-6300V 5-axis machining center
- MU-400V Ⅱ 5-axis machining center
- MB-56VA vertical machining center
- MULTUS U3000 multitasking machine
- (6) Office
- 1st floor showroom, offices, repair shop
2nd floor seminar, NC school, conference, guest rooms
- (7) Employees
- (8) Capital
- 9,400,000,000 won
- (9) Established
- April 2017