29 May 2018
Okuma's First Sales and Technical Service Base for India
Gurgaon Technical Center Opened
The Indian economy has continued its steady growth, and with the improvement of living standards, high quality industrial products are becoming required. The machine tool market is expanding, and the need for customer applications support and after-sales service is increasing.
Our corporate enterprise for India, Okuma India Pvt. Ltd (Okuma India), opened the Gurgaon Technical Center as a base for sales, engineering, and service support in Gurgaon City (about 10 minutes by car from Indira Gandhi International Airport) near New Delhi, the capital of India, in order to respond better to growing customers' needs.
The Gurgaon Technical Center will respond to the growing needs of Japanese companies and local customers, further enhancing regionally-based sales activities, technical support, after-sales service, and awareness of the Okuma brand in India. Other objectives of Okuma's GTC setup include:
- More effective product displays, test cut preparations, applications support, and solution proposals
- Stronger quick-service activities with enhanced service parts inventory
Gurgaon Technical Center
Set up in the Okuma India Pvt. grounds
- GTC site area
- Macines on display
- Three state-of-the-art CNC machine tools
MB-56VA Vertical Machining Center
GENOS L2000M Horizontal CNC Lathe
MULTUS U4000 Multitasking Machine (October setup)
- Okuma India Pvt. Ltd (Okuma India)
100% owned Indian subsidiary
- 119,799,000 Indian rupees (approx 1.76 million dollars)
- Plot-89, Phase 2, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- March 2007
- Number of employees
- 16 (including 2 GTC personnel)
Currently, there are five representative offices in India other than the Gurgaon Technical Center, but we plan to expand similar technical centers all over India to cover the vast Indian market in the future.