Okuma—A comprehensive CNC machine tool manufacturer.
Precision machining of difficult-to-cut parts for optical semiconductors
- Metal cutting for communications industry applications
The situation when interviewed
Most of the materials for optical semiconductor parts such as LEDs are difficult-to-cut materials, and machining requires micron-dimensional accuracy and strict surface roughness control.
Machining centers with excellent dimensional stability
- We would like to achieve high-precision parts created with prototypes with high efficiency through mass production.
Installed the MB-46 and -56VA vertical machining centers with the Thermo-Friendly Concept as standard equipment.
Clears the required accuracy within the 5-micron tolerance.
Less chatter when machining difficult-to-cut materials
- The required accuracy of a 5-micron tolerance was cleared, and compensation for thermal deformation became unnecessary.
- High-efficiency machining is now possible while suppressing chatter even on workpieces where the cutting speed cannot be reduced.
- Head Office /
- 12-2 Kokubu Uenohara Techno Park, Kirishima City, Kagoshima Prefecture
- Focusing on precision metal cutting for the communication/optical communication industries, high-accuracy, composite shape, and metal press machining of various difficult-to-cut materials
Learn more from the customers in the USER'S VOICE Vol. 9 pamphlet.
Also see the Okuma product brochures.
• Member registration (free) is required for downloads.