Okuma Smart Factory
- Get started with the Connect Plan
- Connect, Visualize, Improve
- Okuma’s Connect Plan is a system that provides analytics for improved utilization by connecting machine tools and visual control of factory operation results and machining records. Simply connect the OSP and a PC and install the Factory Monitor suite on the PC to see the machine operation status from the shop floor, from an office, from anywhere.
- The Connect Plan is an ideal solution for customers trying to raise their machine utilization.
- How the start, visualize and improve cycle with the Connect Plan works
- Have visual control of the plant anytime, anywhere
- Using the Okuma NET BOX suite-S (Optional) to plug in the Connect Plan to the Internet lets you see the operating status of a distant factory. You can check the operating status of a factory remotely, check email notification of machine alarms, and contact the Okuma Service Center to receive online support. With the Okuma NET BOX suite-C (Optional), you can connect to machines that cannot be networked on your Ethernet and to machines from other manufacturers.
- Connect Plan Benefits
- Analyze your factory present and past, improve the future
Factory operation control
This function reduces machine stop times and raises utilization by visualizing past and present operation results, for analysis and future improvements. By visualizing current operating results, machine stoppages can be noticed quickly and corrective measures can be taken. With alarm notification, steps can be taken even earlier and machine stop time can be decreased.
The system also lets you visualize not only the past utilization rate but also the alarm history and operation history. Causes of machine stops can be pinpointed and analyzed, and improvements can be made. Maintenance and check times can also be visualized with various maintenance icons, and future breakdowns can be prevented by reliably performing machine maintenance.
Machining records management
Machining records management is a function to achieve machining traceability by tying together the individual ID of the machined workpiece and the machining results and gauging results for each machine. Who, when, where, and what kind of machining was done, and the gauging results obtained, can be easily checked. If there is a problem with a workpiece, the cause can be analyzed and high quality production can be achieved with greater assurance.
- Reliable support during problems
Okuma's remote diagnostics allows the screen from a customer’s machine to be viewed by the Okuma Service Center when a problem occurs, so that a diagnosis can be made while looking at the same screen for accurate communication.
Consent is received from the customer before the Okuma Service Center connects to their machine. During diagnosis, the connection can be terminated at any time by the customer's operator.
Here is a real story from a customer using Okuma’s Connect Plan.
Atsuta Kigyo Co., Ltd
Connect Plan Specifications
|Maintenance icon display
|Operation status table||●||●||●||●||●||△※2|
|Operation history table||●||●||●||●||●||●|
|Breakdown of reasons for non-operation||●||●||●||×||×||×|
|History of operations||●||●||●||×||×||×|
|Machining records management||●||△※1||×||×||×||×|
*1. Compatible with OSP suite only *2. Only operation signals from I/O can be acquired