- Offering high-mix, low-volume (HMLV) and mass production from an incredible machine
- The MU-S600V is a 5-axis VMC that simultaneously achieves ease of use, great productivity as a stand-alone, and more innovation with two or more connected configurations. It is a totally new concept of smart machine, offering complete control of applications from high-mix, low-volume production (HMLV) to mass production with just this "one-of-a-kind" machine.
- A single machine
- Connecting 2 machines
- A wide range multiside application with one, smart, compact machine
- Compact but with wide machining area
Built with a long X-axis travel of 700 mm in a machine width of just 1,586 mm.
In addition, it is possible to load workpieces up to 600 mm in diameter on the 400 mm square table.
As a 5-axis vertical, Okuma has achieved best-in-class floor space productivity.
- Loadable workpiece size
- Space-saving machine
- Ideal for multi-sided indexing of castings and aluminum workpieces
- Multi-sided machining is possible with one chucking, making it possible to reduce setup time.
Also, work mounting errors between operations are eliminated, and high machining accuracy can be maintained.
- “Smart production line system” connecting two machines
- Building a compact & automated mass production line
- Compact 5-axis machining with a single machine—connected to another—a smart way to achieve mass production.
The MU-S600V features a built-in Work Handoff System, so the tables of machines connected to each other can transfer parts, eliminating the need for transfer equipment between machines.
- 〈Smart production line systems〉
- Conventional production line layouts can now be redesigned, to dramatically reduce the floor space of the automated systems.
|Travels||X-axis (table L/R)||mm (in.)||700 (27.56)|
|Y-axis (spindle ram front/back)||mm (in.)||500 (19.69) (+280 (11.02) ATC operation)|
|Z-axis (spindle ram vertical)||mm (in.)||500 (19.69)|
|B-axis (trunnion swivel)||deg||+92 to 0 [+92 to -92 (connected machine specs)]|
|C-axis (table swivel)||deg||±360 (infinite)|
|Table surface to spindle nose||mm (in.)||10 to 510 (0.39 to 20.08)|
|Table||Table size||mm (in.)||400 × 400 (15.75 × 15.75)|
|Max work size||mm (in.)||ø600 × H350 [ø500 × H350 (auto open/close side shield)]|
|Floor to table top||mm (in.)||1,110 (43.70)|
|Max load capacity||kg (lb)||200 (440)|
|Spindle||Spindle speed||min-1||50 to 12,000|
|No. of spindle ranges||Infinitely variable|
|Taper bore||7/24 taper No. 40|
|Bearing dia||mm (in.)||ø60 (2.36)|
|Feedrate||Rapid traverse||m/min||X-Y-Z: 60|
|Rapid traverse||deg/min||B: 18,000 (50 min-1), C: 36,000 (100 min-1)|
|Cutting feedrate||mm/min||X-Y-Z: 1 to 60,000|
|Motor||Spindle (25% ED/cont)||kW (hp)||15/11 (20/15)|
|Feed axes||kW (hp)||X-Y-Z: 3.5 (4.7), B: 3.6 (4.8), C: 3.0 (4)|
|ATC||Tool shank||MAS BT40|
|Pull stud||MAS 2|
|Tool capacity (magazine)||tool||16 (drum) [30 (chain)]|
|Max tool dia (W/ adjacent)||mm (in.)||ø80 (ø3.15)|
|Max tool dia (W/O adjacent)||mm (in.)||ø115 (ø4.53)|
|Max tool length||mm (in.)||300 (11.81)|
|Max tool weight||kg (lb)||6 (13)|
|Tool selection||Fixed address|
|Machine size||Height||mm (in.)||2,994 (117.87) *1|
|Floor space W × D (machine only)||mm (in.)||1,586 × 3,315 (62.44 × 130.51)|
|Weight||kg (lb)||8,800 (19,360) *2|
[ ]: Optional
*1. With lift-up chip conveyor, machine height becomes 3,114 mm.
*2. Machine mass increases with optional equipment. Ex: coil conveyor (rear discharge); 140 kg, auto open/close side shield (both sides); 80 kg