Okuma Corporation (hereinafter “our company”) will handle personal information received from our customers pursuant to the following rules.
Compliance with relevant laws, regulations and guidelines for appropriate handling of personal information
Our company will handle personal information in a proper manner in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws and regulations as well as “Guidelines on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information” and other guidelines.
Safety management measures for personal data
Our company will take safety management measures that are necessary and appropriate to manage personal data, including prevention of divulgence, loss or damage of personal information pursuant to our company’s Personal Information Protection Regulations. At the same time, we carry out necessary and appropriate supervision over the companies who handle personal data.
Purposes of use of personal information
Our company will use personal information received from our customers within the limited scope of purposes described below.
- To provide information about our company’s products and services
- To announce or operate exhibitions, seminars, schools, campaigns and other events that our company holds or participates in
- To respond to inquiries and requests
- To conduct questionnaire surveys for the purpose of planning and developing products or improving customer satisfaction, analyze data and prepare statistical material
- To investigate the authenticity of personal information
- Other purposes of use published or notified when collecting personal information
- To take actions based on provisions of laws or regulation, or notice, instruction, etc. given by administrative authorities.
Provision of personal data to consignees
Our company may entrust or provide personal data received from our customers to a consignee to achieve the purpose of use to the extent of the purpose of use. In that case, we will carry out necessary and appropriate supervision over such consignee to ensure proper safety management of personal data.
Shared use of data
Under the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, our company will make shared use of personal data received from our customers in the following way:
- Items of personal data
Name, address, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, company name and title
- Scope of the parties who make shared use
Our Group companies listed on the following web page:
- Purpose of use
The same as those described above in 3. Purposes of use of personal information.
- Name of the person responsible for personal information management
Manager of General Affairs Division, Okuma Corporation
- Items of personal data
Provision of personal data to third parties
Under the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, our company will not provide personal data to any third party except in any of the following events:
- if prior consent of the customer has been obtained,
- when we outsource handling of personal data to other company according to the rule of 4 above,
- when we provide personal data in association with assignment of business,
- when we provide personal data to any of the parties allowed for shared use as described in 5 above,
- if provision of information is required pursuant to laws or regulations,
- in the case it is necessary to protect human life, human body or property and if obtaining consent of the customer is difficult,
- in the case it is necessary in particular to improve public hygiene or promote healthy upbringing of children and if obtaining consent of the customer is difficult, or
- in the case it is necessary to cooperate with the country or a municipality to operate its official work defined by laws or regulations, and if obtaining consent of the customer is likely to hinder such official work from being fulfilled.
Procedures regarding questions and complaints about handling of personal information and disclosure of personal data possessed by our company
If you have any question or complaint about our company’s handling of personal information, or if you request for notice of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, stopping use or stopping provision to a third party of personal data possessed by our company, please contact the following office for consultation:
- General Affairs Department, Okuma Corporation
- 5-25-1, Shimooguchi, Oguchi-cho, Niwa-gun, Aichi Prefecture
Upon receiving contact from a customer, our company will respond to it in an appropriate manner in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations related to protection of personal information and our corporate personal information protection regulations.
April 1, 2020
About the access analysis tool used on our website
We use “Google Analytics”, an access analysis tool provided by Google to enhance the services on our website.
By using Google Analytics, information on our customers’ visit history to our company website is collected, recorded and analyzed by Google based on the cookies(*) issued by our company and identity information of mobile devices, and then our company receives the results of the analysis from Google to understand the status of visits by customers to our company website. The information sent to Google does not include customer’s name, e-mail address, phone number, address or any other personal information. For more details of use of information by Google that is collected from the websites and apps using Google services, refer to the following web page:
Google Analytics can be disabled by making settings for the “Google Analytics opt-out addon”(https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/?hl=en) that is provided by Google.
In addition, you can make settings for the browser you use so that you will be notified when a cookie is sent. Also, settings can be so made that cookies will not be sent; however, by doing so, you may not be able to use part of the provided services.
* Cookie is an electronic file that will be sent from a particular website to the browser of the visitor of that web page and can be retrieved later.